07 January 2010

Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art

It's off to Tarpon Springs I go. I learned from a few members of the Miniature Art Society of Florida that the Collectors' Preview of the annual exhibit is a "feeding frenzy" of art buyers! Can't wait to see for myself... with camcorder in hand. They exhibit over 900 paintings in this one venue and sell roughly 40% of the work, mostly during the preview. Pretty amazing. If this pans out, I intend to make an extra effort to paint more miniatures. Apparently there is a viable market out there for these lovely little gems.

Wish me luck fighting my way through the snowy mountains of West Virginia on our drive south. I will post photos of the exhibit when I return. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome... Learning is a way of life.